What would make this workshop a success from your point of view?
What – specifically – do you want to get out of this workshop?
How have you used video? How would you like to use video?
I Conceptual Background: Performance Analysis (using video)
- Notational Analysis (Tactical Analysis/Analytics)
- Technical (Biomechanical Analysis) – we are here today (Ubsersense)
II Ubersense Basics (simple to complex)
- Download the app
- Open App and record an athlete’s technique
- Show the athlete their performance (also in slow motion or frame by frame)
- Email the video to the athlete
- Compare the athlete’s technique to an “expert’s” (side-by-side)
- Use Drawing Tools
Let’s Try it! in pairs film a squat from the side and go through the workflow above (do each of the “bullet” steps above) – 15 minutes!
III Practical Use of Ubersense
- immediate video feedback in a practice or game
- save time – video and email same day – analyze next day
- save time – no asst. athletes can film selves
- enhance athlete learning – if they have the app…self-analyze
- compare to ideal/expert
- track athlete progress (last year-this year?)
- other uses?
III Ubersense Advanced Skills
- import video from other sources
- make written notes
- use voice over
- create a “video report” for the athlete
IV What’s Next?
- Keep up to date with Ubersense advances: subscribe to their YouTube Channel or Blog; follow them on Twitter
- Come to the Advanced Ubersense Workshop
- Improve your analysis – take a Sport Biomechanics or Kinesiology course to become a better analyzer.
- Learn and use a Tactical (Notational Analysis) Smartphone App:
– Touchstat Highlight (now Singulus) (limited file size)
– Dartfish EasyTag (need to video separately)
– Focus X2i (for iPad)